National Data Period Three, 2015
National data for Audit 3 2015 has now been released - click HERE to view it
HAND HYGIENE WORKSHOP AT ACIPC 2015
Hand Hygiene Australia - New Initiatives in Hand Hygiene
Last months workshop in Hobart was well attended with well over 100 participants.
• Translating evidence into practice: a guide to successful implementation
• Tailoring your message to different healthcare worker groups
• Hand hygiene outside acute care wards e.g. emergency departments,
peri-operative areas, oral health
• Hand hygiene initiatives in Singapore
• New tools from Hand Hygiene Australia
For those that couldn't make it but would like to see the presentations, they will be posted on our website soon.
NEW HHCAPP FLEXIBLE REPORTING TOOL
New reports are now available in HHCApp for Organisation Administrators. Under Custom Reports, there are two new options: Snapshot Reports and Trend Reports (screenshot below). These new reports offer improved filtering and stratification functionality. They should help you to provide targeted performance feedback and to reduce the time required to produce reports.
- Snapshot reports: data from a specific period of time
- Trend reports: hand hygiene performance changes over time.
Click HERE for a 'Cheat Sheet' to help get started.
NEW LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (LMS) ....COMING SOON
Shortly all Organisation Administrators will be contacted by email to be given access to the new LMS. Please read the email carefully and follow the instructions to set up your facility.
NEW MOBILE DEVICE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
A new document has been added to the website to assist those using an Apple mobile device for data collection and entry. An Android version will be released in the new year.
ARE YOUR AUDITORS VALIDATED?
All auditors, Gold Standard and General are required to collect 100 moments and complete the Annual Auditor Validation certificate every 12 months.
To monitor completions - login in to the Online Learning Package database (not HHCApp) by clicking on the 'Login' tab on the home page. If you don't currently have a login, reporting will become available once your facility is set up in the new LMS.
Click here to access the Annual Auditor Online Learning Package http://www.hha.org.au/LearningPackage/auditor-annual-validation.aspx
HAVE YOU TRAINED ANY AUDITORS?
Please remember to enter all trained auditors into the Auditor Register on completion of their training.
The link can be found here.
All Gold Standard Auditors should have a login to access the Workshop training resources, which include the mandatory requirements for training new auditors. Please contact HHA if you are a Gold Standard Auditor and do not have this login.
As of the 1st November 2015 the new dental codes were made available for data input and reporting. If your facility has the words dental or oral in the organisation name, or the department name, or has a ward type dental, then these codes should have been automatically added to your HCW drop down list.
If you require the dental codes and they were not automatically added, then please do the following:
- Ensure that all dental departments have the ward type dental. To check this please go to the the departments tab and review the type column. To edit any incorrect "types" click on the name, then select dental from the department type dropdown list.
- Add the required codes yourself
- Go to the HCW types tab
- Select add HCW Type
- Copy the code and name from the HHCApp and Dental webpage
- Select the parent HCW type the same as the Name you are adding
- Press save
- Repeat for all required dental codes
ADDING AN ORGANISATION ADMINISTRATOR
If you wish to add another Organisation Administrator to your facility;
1. Login to HHCApp
2. Click on the Organisation tab at the top of the page.
3. Click on the name of your organisation below the blue line.
4. Go to the vertical menu on the right side of the page and click users
5. Go to the list of Organisation Administrators and click 'Add new'
6. Enter the name of the user to be added to the search fields on the left and then click search
7. Click on the name of the auditor to be added under the blue line. The line will turn green
8. Click 'done'
DATA ENTRY TIP! ARE YOU ENTERING DATA INTO HHCAPP VIA A PC?
The easiest way to manually enter auditing data is to use your Arrow and Tab keys and then hit Enter.
No mouse required!
HHA JOURNAL CLUB
Hot off the press from our collegues at Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District in NSW is an article in the American Journal of Infection Control exploring the experience of being a hand hygiene auditor in Australia.
FRONTLINE OWNERSHIP - MICHAEL GARDAM IN NEW ZEALAND
The New Zealand Health, Quality and Safety Commision recently hosted a workshop featuring Dr Michael Gardam. The presentations are full of great ideas and advice on engaging staff in hand hygiene programs. The presentations are available from the Health Quality and Safety Commission New Zealand website.
RADIO NATIONAL PODCAST
The HEALTH REPORT: HAND WASHING
MESSAGE FROM WHO SAVE LIVES: CLEAN YOUR HANDS
Complete the WHO Hand Hygiene Self-Assessment Framework and be part of the global survey – closing date 31 December 2015
Submit your survey results on line - find instructions here:
This invaluable facility-level tool takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete. And it only takes moments to enter your data into the confidential on-line survey system.
Remember, we can accept any Hand Hygiene Self-Assessment Frameworks completed in your facility at any time in 2015 for this important global report. You do not have to complete it again now but please do enter your 2015 results into the survey.
Can we please ask those of you who have started to enter your data in the online survey system but have not completed this task, to do so as soon as possible?
Hundreds of completed surveys have been submitted, be part of this exciting global report.